Tuesday, July 25, 2017

July 25, 2017

The alternating hot and cool weather and torrential rain and dry spells are not improving the look of the garden. I need to weed, I need to add dirt to spots, I need to cut many, many, many chewed-up leaves and the squirrel has eaten all the raspberries. There are also holes in pots where the chipmunk (probably) has been digging although the liquid fence stuff does not seem to have deterred the baby rabbits at all.

I went back and forth on watering today - it might rain tonight or tomorrow, or it might not. Either way, the pots in the back need watering - it might be too late for the black-eyed susan vine already - so I went ahead and watered. Heavily in the back, sparingly in the front. Some pots are not draining well.

And, in the space of about an hour, one of the squirrel ripped off a blooming zinnia and a couple buds. I know it was a squirrel b/c rabbits can't reach that high and chipmunks (so far as I have seen) either eat or store what they take.

No comments:

Post a Comment