Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 23, 2017

I went outside to pour some water on the black-eyed susan vine (it's back against the wall so it doesn't get rain). There were several little showers earlier. It was definitely a day for wildlife. I saw...

A hummingbird visiting the dahlia forest (without result since there are only a few tiny zinnias open and dahlia buds). I don't know why it didn't just fly over and use the hummingbird feeder.

Lots of robins wandering around and goldfinches using the dahlia stems as perches.

The chipmunk selecting green tomatoes, settling down on a brick wall to partially eat them, and then storing them in the ground elder. This explains the lack of tomatoes at a lower level on the plant.

The squirrel selecting raspberries for a treat. This also explains the smaller number of raspberries compared to other people I've been talking to.

I put down another layer of Liquid Fence (which I suspect doesn't really deter the chipmunks and squirrels) on the tomato, raspberry, and some of the dahlias that are more open. Also the fenced bulbs in the Monet garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment