Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 19, 2017

Took a morning walk through the garden to see what needs doing. Maybe this weekend I'll get up early.
  • Everything needs to be weeded, especially around the four o'clocks.
  • I need to get some minnows for the pond (ok, I don't NEED to, but I want to) and try duct taping the solar panel a little more firmly.
  • I need to refresh the peas - pull out the old ones and replant new ones.
  • Deadhead the pansies and other flowers (chives? replant?)
  • Deadhead and weed the dahlias - I should probably remove the calla lily that somehow entwined itself around a dahlia
I came home in the evening and it was even hotter and super humid. Mom watered the garden a little, especially the strawberries. The chipmunk selected and devoured ANOTHER bulb. After much travail, I managed to mix some more liquid fence and applied it (again). I think I possibly have a chipmunk with no sense of smell and it is meant for rabbits and deer... I also refilled the hummingbird feeder and noticed one of my four o'clock stems had been snapped off. I might have done it myself when weeding, but it's more likely to have been a squirrel jumping on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment