Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Feeding Stations at Four O'Clock

I've embedded some pots in the ground and transplanted the four o'clocks that were in the honeysuckle pot into them. I also borrowed tomato cages from the zinnias to hold them up. I moved the bricks the honeysuckle was sitting on, removed the wire, and shifted it forward.
After convulsively coughing for some time, I watered. The plants might or might not last - some plants you move and they're like "whatever" and some you move and they're like "OMG WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME FOUL CREATURE OF THE UPPER EARTH I DIE I DIE I DIIIIIIEEEEE".
But they're nearly done anyways - I'll plant more next year and eventually this will be a giant bed of sweet-smelling four o'clocks!

You can see how thick they get - they really need more support. 

I dumped a bunch of dirt on top, much to the shock of the chipmunk who has been using this as a private runway for some time.

It doesn't look really good right now, but wait until next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment