Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The garden, mid-August

The Four O'Clocks have seeds! They are remarkably easy to pluck out of their little holders. Except when they turn out to be spiders. Oops.

The honeysuckle is doing ok (note - this is NOT Japanese honeysuckle and it's in a pot anyways and clearly not living up to the whole "invasive" thing)

The cleared area is slowly filling with nasturtiums. And also with the groundcover. More weeding is in my immediate future.

I didn't get a picture of the two swallowtails on the zinnias, but here's a buckeye. I think.

Giant bumblebee! Just bumbling around.

Dahlias are doing well - if you don't look too closely, you won't see the Japanese beetle damage.

I don't know what happened to the fall ones. I guess everything is purple now. I'm ok with that.

I'm kind of confused. My raspberry grew really tall and started flowering. I thought it took two years?

I can't find the dang beetles that are destroying it, but the pollinators are having fun. If you look closely you can see a regular bumblebee with little orange sacs of pollen.

Fragrant Hour rosebud

Good 'ol Summertime rosebud

No comments:

Post a Comment