Sunday, May 8, 2016

The official spring garden. Almost.

My one tulip, snapped a picture only a few
minutes before the rabbits destroyed it, like
all my other tulips. *Sob*

The raspberry is sprouting. Will it live for the 
requisite two years to bear fruit? Only time
will tell....

Cherry tomato, just for Sara. Ok, I will eat them
too, but planted mainly for Sara.

Only the parsley (for another neighbor) is done

Mint, hiding in the corner! Squirrels have
already dug into it twice. Sigh.

A nice little crop of anemones - only one of 
the hyacinths ever bloomed. Oh well. Next year.
I've planted more morning glory seeds here.

The middle garden - the destruction of tulips.

Need to do some serious weeding in the far third
but it's difficult to reach the corner. The daffodils
came up ok.

Daffodils!

One of my calla lilies is coming back.
The other seems dead forever, but you never know...

The honeysuckle was transplanted happily (unless 
this is the clematis, but I think it's the honeysuckle)
There are four o'clock seeds planted as well.


The clematis (unless it's really honeysuckle) is
not very happy about being transplanted. It
got kind of squished. There are four o'clock
seeds here too.

The birdfeeder!

The hummingbird feeder will hang here

Weeded!

Hmm, can't really tell if I weeded or not

The leaves look messy, but I have no way of
removing them - I guess they're good for the dirt
That's what I'm going with anyways

Happy anemones, only nibbled a little

Nasturtium!

Pea!

Black-eyed Susan vine is planted in the far pot
The others are just covered to keep the 
squirrels from digging out the dirt until I get
the rest of the plants

Raspberry still alive!

Tomato still alive!

I transplanted the dahlias and they're very...
droopy. Hopefully they'll perk up after some 
water and a few days of sun. These are the fall-
blooming ones.

One big stem broke when I transplanted them )-:

Two pots of zinnia seeds planted!

No comments:

Post a Comment