Last Monday night, after a great deal of rain and warm temperatures, my garden was SLUGGED. I must have picked off 15 or 20 slugs. Ugh.
Hard to see, but more ravages - they ate an entire bunch of pea plants and alyssum
So, after much salting and a bout of cooler weather which cleared the out, I decided to tidy things up a bit. I also learned that it's better to try to train up peas in the way they should go earlier in life.
I removed most of the wire and pulled the pea plants up onto a trellis and the railing.
I also put in a wire divider between the herbs and pansies and cut the herbs back - my neighbors were happy to get mint and basil.
These are doing fine, although I may have overplanted them a little - the morning glories are strangling the nasturtiums as they struggle towards the light.
I shifted the remaining trellis to the side, weeded (with care due to nettles) and, although you cannot see them, strung fishing line across from the wire to the trellis to encourage the peas, morning glories, and nasturtiums to climb.